Entertainment

Prince Harry Arrives In UK For Prince Philip’s Funeral, Meghan Markle Stays In Cali + Harry & Prince William Issue Separate Statements

todayApril 13, 2021 1

Background
share close

meghanharryfuneral

Prince Harry returns to the UK days before his grandfather, Prince Philip’s, funeral. Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, stayed behind as she was advised by her doctor not to travel during her pregnancy. Deets on Harry’s first return to the UK since his explosive Oprah interview, plus the statements he and his brother, Prince William, released inside….

Prince Harry is back in the UK – his first time touching down since his explosive interview with his wife, Meghan Markle, and media mogul, Oprah – to say his final goodbye to his grandfather.

Prince Harry traveled from California – where he now resides – to the United Kingdom days ahead of his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral, which is set to go down this Saturday.

It’s the first time Prince Harry – who exited the British Royal Family over a year ago – has been in his home country in over a year. And its also the first time he has returned since his and Meghan’s bombshell interview with Oprah aired last month. This reunion should be real interesting, especially since Harry said he hasn’t spoken to his father, Prince Charles, much.

The former “Suits” actress, who’s currently pregnant with their second child, did not jet back to the UK as she was advised by her doctor not to travel.

Prince Harry arrived in London and is currently go through COVID-19 protocol just days after his grandfather Prince Philip died on Friday. He was 99 at the time of his death, passing away just two months before his 100th birthday. Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth II were married for 73 years. The late royal is currently lying at rest at Windsor Castle before his funeral on Saturday, April 17th at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

“While this is naturally a time of sadness and mourning for the royal family and the many others who knew and admired the Duke of Edinburgh, it is hoped that the coming days will also be seen as an opportunity to celebrate a remarkable life: Remarkable both in terms of his vast contribution and lasting legacy,” a Buckingham Palace spokesman previously said.

Based on how Prince Harry described his relationship with his brother, Prince William, during the Oprah interview, it comes as no surprise they released separate tributes to their grandfather.

Both brothers praised their grandfather for his lifetime of service to the United Kingdom and to their grandmother. After arriving in the UK, the Duke of Sussex remembered his grandfather in a heartfelt tribute.

“My grandfather was a man of service, honor and great humor,” Harry began. “He was authentically himself, with a seriously sharp wit, and could hold the attention of any room due to his charm—and also because you never knew what he might say next.” “He will be remembered as the longest reigning consort to the Monarch, a decorated serviceman, a Prince and a Duke,” his message continued. “But to me, like many of you who have lost a loved one or grandparent over the pain of this past year, he was my grandpa: master of the barbecue, legend of banter, and cheeky right ’til the end.”

“And while I could go on, I know that right now he would say to all of us, beer in hand, ‘Oh do get on with it!'” Harry wrote. “So, on that note, Grandpa, thank you for your service, your dedication to Granny, and for always being yourself. You will be sorely missed, but always remembered—by the nation and the world. Meghan, Archie, and I (as well as your future great-granddaughter) will always hold a special place for you in our hearts.”

Prince William, who is second in line to the throne, honored his grandfather for his lifetime of service and said that he will always be grateful that his wife, Kate, had so many years to get to know him.

Prince Charles also issued a statement following his father’s death:

Prince Philip’s funeral is set for this Saturday, April 17th at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

In other news, it seems Prince Harry & Meghan Markle are having security issues with their home in Montecito. According to reports, there have been several security threats at their home where police have been called NINE TIMES since they moved in last July. Sheesh!

The Telegraph reports:

Police have been called to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s California home nine times in as many months, it emerged on Thursday, after the couple expressed concern about the decision to strip them of round the clock police protection.

Since the couple moved into the property in Montecito, Santa Barbara, last July, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office has responded to calls listed as phone requests, alarm activations and property crimes.

The data, obtained under Freedom of Information laws, was released after the couple shared their security fears in their television interview with Oprah Winfrey. Officers were called to their home four times last July after the couple moved to Montecito from Los Angeles, where they lived temporarily after leaving Canada at the start of the pandemic.

One call is listed as a phone request while the others are labelled “alarm activations” and all occurred in the early hours of the morning.

An August request is listed as “Misc Priority Incdnt”, while there was a further alarm in November.

At 4.13pm on Christmas Eve, sheriff’s deputies were called to the property after a man was alleged to have trespassed.

Officers returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at 2.54pm for a call listed under “Property Crimes”.

Nickolas Brooks, 37, was booked into jail on a misdemeanour trespassing charge and later released, the sheriff’s office said.

The most recent call was at 2.21am on Feb 16 this year and is listed as an alarm activation.

That’s scary! Security for the Duke of Sussex was withdrawn after he and Meghan stepped down from their royal duties, so they have been footing the security bill themselves. During the interview with Lady O, Prince Harry admitted he “never thought” he would have his security detail removed when they left the British Royal Family.

“I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So that was a shock to me,” he said.

Lord. We pray nothing happens to them!

Photo: MEGA

Written by: theybf

Rate it

Previous post

Entertainment

Kid Cudi Announces Fashion Collaboration With ‘Off-White’ Amid Outrage Over His ‘SNL’ Performance Dress. And, Yes, The Dress Will Be Included.

Kid Cudi was the musical guest for "SNL" this weekend, and his looks - like his floral custom made dress - caused a LOT of conversation.  Faux outrage or just toxic masculinity at play? Either way, Cudi is about to make a bag off of it.  Deets inside. Rapper/Actor Kid Cudi has always been a Kurt Cobain fan.  He has the late Nirvana rocker tatted on him, and he's spoken […]

todayApril 13, 2021 143

0%